Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Moab, Arches National Park and Dead Horse Point

Up bright and early -- what's new -- had great breakfast at the Jail House Cafe. Then it was off for a mile walk on Park Avenue at Arches in the brisk morning aird. We finished it quickly since I was with John and Betty -- he keeps up quite a pace. I realize some of you have fainted by now at all this activity on my part!

We then walked around other Arches in the park. Loved it and it was -- I don't know -- I've run out of adjectives. What a spectacular country we live in!! The scenery is beautiful, awesome, spectacular, moving, sacred, larger than life -- all these things and more.

Dead Horse Point is a must see. I walked all the way out on the point -- it had a railing. Some of this will be clearer when I post pictures. We returned to Moab for a night on our own but we like each other so much that we all went to dinner together. The day started cool but was hot as blue blazes later. Took a nap which felt good!

No comments:

Post a Comment